Beginner / Level 1 Prep Course
- **For complete beginners as well improver level students**
- *Next Beginner Course starts 4 September @ SWC, 14 September @ Morley College
- Mondays 7:10-8:40pm @ SWC / Thursdays 6-7:30pm @ Morley College
- Classes at SWC cost £110/ 1o week course with advance payment. £120 on the night
- click HERE to buy classes online
- See Morley College website for their term dates and prices
The Beginner/Level 1 Prep course is for students with no bellydance experience and those wishing to review their basic SSBD technique.
Students are introduced to the basic foundational theory and practical skills required for any future bellydance class including posture, alternating singles, squares, circles, twists, figure 8's and more. Introduction to and explanation of ab and glute work starts here. This class prepares students for their Suhaila Level 1 work.
We work and progress as a group which is why it is important to take the full course and drop-in classes are not allowed.
Students are encouraged to register in advance to avoid disapointment but are welcome to come and try out the first class at SWC on a trial basis if the class is not full. Upon completion of the class, students must either pay for the full course or £12 for just the one trial class.9
The Improver course is for students with a basic knowledge of belly dance technique i.e. those who have completed a Beginner Course at SWC or Morley College. Working with muscular undulations and 3/4 timing, we incorporate an in-depth focus on Suhaila Salimpour travelling footwork in addition to upper-body movement. This course begins the study of Jamila Salimpour finger cymbal technique and patterns. Stylisation is mainly Egyptian and American cabaret but can also lean toward tribal fusion and theatrical bellydance.